Restaurants Falls Creek
Vegan Dining Guide
Falls Creek village, nestled in the Victorian Alps is Australia’s best winter destination. Visitors can enjoy all the fun that the ski resort has to offer as well as an exceptional dining experience at the many Falls Creek restaurants. Vegan options are readily available at most outlets throughout the village with plenty on offer from burgers, ramen, mushroom wings, curry and much more.
Discover the best Falls Creek vegan options with our comprehensive guide for Winter 2022.
I acknowledge the Jaitmatang people, Traditional Custodians of the land of Falls Creek and pay respect to the past, present and future Traditional Custodians and Elders of this nation and the continuation of cultural, spiritual and educational practices of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
Top Restaurants at Falls Creek for Vegans & Vegetarians
1. Bob Sugar
Bob Sugar has the most extensive vegan menu out of all the Falls Creek restaurants. The Asian-fusion menu is full of wholesome goodness with fresh ingredients. If you can’t decide try the Feed Me option where for $60 per person you get a fully vegan 6-course meal. The cocktails are the best on the mountain – the Bangkok Mojito is a must-try!
Bob Sugar Vegan Options
- Krispy Kolli – Fried Cauliflower, honey, sesame seeds & Sriracha mayonnaise – vegan option – Swap for vegan mayo
- Okonomiyaki – Cabbage and mushroom pancake, vegan mayonnaise, okonomiyaki sauce, pickled ginger, fried shallots & spring onion
- Dumplings – Vegetable w house-made chilli oil, sesame seed, micro herb
- Two Bao’s – Fried oyster mushroom w beanshoots, mixed herbs, pickled ginger & chilli + wasabi veganise
- Thai Yellow Curry – Tofu, potato, carrot, beans, capsicum, fresh herbs, chilli w jasmine rice
- Vegan Ramen- Shiitake broth, ramen noodles, tofu, bok choy, roasted nori, spring onion, sesame, market mushrooms
- Steamed mixed fungi – garlic soy & shiso leaves
- Charred edamame w lemon
- Cucumber & wakame salad
- Fried sesame crackers w sesame soy dipping sauce
- Mango sticky rice – Thai sticky rice balls w mango, coconut caramel sauce, toasted coconut & kaffir lime
- Jam Donut – Fried donut bao filled with a spiced jam w matcha ice cream, toasted coconut – vegan omit icecream
- Lunch – Bob’s Poke Plates – edamame, wakame, Asian pickles, kimchi & jasmine rice with your choice of… — Crunchy tapioca prawns (GF)* — Garlic greens
Bob Sugar Vegan Feed Me
- Vegetable dumplings
- Fried oyster mushroom bao
- Soy sesame greens
- Thai yellow curry w jasmine rice
- Mango sticky rice
Best Falls Creek Cocktails – Apartment 3
- John Lemon Cheesecake – Licor 43, elderflower, lemon juice, sugar syrup, Cointreau, instafoam
- Bangkok Mojito – Bacardi White rum, lime, ginger, mint, capi flaming ginger beer
2. The Chophouse
“The Chophouse has a Louisiana-inspired menu which is complemented by our house cocktails, our locally sourced wines and our craft beers in order to create a warm and inviting atmosphere for everyone.” Despite a focus on smoked meats, The Chophouse has an excellent selection of vegan dishes.
The Chophouse Vegan Options
- Crumbed Eggplant w/ Smoked Sour Cream & Pomegranate Molasses (VEO) – Ask to change sour cream
- Mushroom Wings- w/ choice of sauce (VE)
- Root Veggies -Smoked Celeriac, Honey Carrot, Roasted Sunchokes (VEO, GF)
- Garlic Tossed Greens
- Green Beans, Snow & Snap Peas, Brussel Sprouts, Kale (VEO, GF)
- Roasted Beetroot
- Maple Vinaigrette, Smoked Carrot, Walnuts (VEO, GF)
- Beer Battered Chips w/ choice of sauce (VE)
- Sweet Potato Chips w/ choice of sauce (VE)
- VE = VEGAN
- VEO = VEGAN OPTION
3. The Frying Pan
The Pan is located in the historic heart of Falls Creek’s famous Village Bowl at the base of the Summit, the Frying Pan Inn serves a delicious range of classic craft beers and superbly prepared barbeque-style dishes in an elegant and rustic-inspired pub atmosphere.
The Frying Pan Vegan Options
- Char-grilled broccolini
- Corn ribs
- Chips w smokey BBQ sauce
- Vegetable, chickpea & lentil curry + coconut rice
- Poke bowl + sesame tofu
- Buddha bowl + broccolini
- Falafel burger
4. Huski Restaurant Falls Creek
The Huski Kitchen is a part of the Huski Apartments which offers boutique apartments and Asian-inspired food & cocktails.
Huski Kitchen Vegan Options
- Spicy Cauliflower Bao – carrot and daikon pickle, charcoal buns, herbs
- Yellow Curry – tofu, Japanese pumpkin, shimeji w/rice
- Pad Thai – Vegan on request
- Asian Leaves – slaw, fried noodles, coconut dressing
- Steamed Asian Greens w shiitake sauce
Falls Creek Restaurants With Vegan Options
Nachos w Mexican beans & guacamole
Vegan Mexi Bowl of plant-based chilli w rice, guacamole & corn chips
Vietnamese spring rolls filled w smokey marinated tofu, vegetables, chilli, rice noodles, mint & coriander
Wild mushroom risotto – vegan on request
Falls Creek Hotel
Has a range of options for breakfast and lunch options.
Attunga has a selection of vegan and vegetarian dinner and apres menu items.
Grilled Vegetable Stack – range of grilled vegetables
Vegan Spuds, donuts, churros & milkshakes
Cloud 9 – Top of Halleys Comet
Chocolate mud cake
Vegan Ramen – Shiitake shoyu broth, eggplant Miso, sweet corn, shiitake, enoki, nori, shallot, toasted sesame, bamboo shoots
Vegan pizza – no cheese
The Last Hoot
Vegan pizza – no cheese
Sweet Potato Noodle Ball w Sichuan Caramel
Vegetarian Udon Noodles w Shitake XO, Nori
“At Astra we will endeavour to meet all dietary requirements with prior notice. We offer a full Vegetarian Tasting Menu, and will prepare a customised Vegan tasting menu for guests with prior notice.
On our current a la carte menu, and the Cauliflower and Mushroom dishes are both vegan friendly. Once again, with prior notice we can create a menu to suit most dietary requirements.”
-Mushroom, Jerusalem artichoke, konbu
– Cauliflower, nukazuke, furikake
All our menus are subject to change due to availability and seasonality.
Astra sample menus
Enjoy Dining at Falls Creek
This post was made early in the winter of 2022. Please get in touch if any information needs updating. For more information about Falls Creek read the Village and Ski Guide.